- GREAT Tactical Light
I purchased one of these for a Night Ops Skirmish we were having, and put it on my MP5. The Lithium Cell Battery lasts a very long time, and really puts a beam of light out there.
Last night, I was playing against two of my team members(2vs me), with one of them using my Rail Claw/Tac Light on his personal MP5, because I have yet to purchase rails for my new G36K. I was laying flat on my back "Blending" with my environment, when from out side of the woods(about 200 Feet infront of me), I get flashed dead in my eyes. I was thinking,"Shiet! I've been spotted", but it turns out he didn't even see me(Camo still helps at night). The whole point of me rambling on with my war story was that, from two hundred feet away, I still had to squint, and saw spots after he let go of the pressure switch.
Judging from my personal use, I would say that this Tac light is good up to 75 yards with Good, Clean, Crisp Visability. After that, you get a "Grey Zone of UnCertainty).
Another thing, You might be thinking,"Won't you be visable when you fire you gun?" The answer is,
It depends on if you know how to use a light. The lense its self on the gun is built for a forwars projection. If you keep it focused in on Spotting mode instead of a flood setting, 90% of the light is focused forward, with the other 10% remaining flooding to the sides. The best thing to do during night ops, is Guerrilla Warfare.
Wait for your enemies to be practically walking over you. Then you pop up, Flash them, and open fire. Tac Lights are just as effective as your gun when it comes to offensive capability. The intensity of the lght can disorient a group of people, not to mention mess with there eye focuse creating "Splotches" when they try to aim.
All in All, its 30 dollars. BUY IT, regardless on if you use it alot or not. If your gun is going to collect dut, make it so it collects dust lokking like something out of a Rainbow Six game. I payed fifty, yes FIFTY for the same one, because I needed it it ASAP, and could not wait 2 days to get it from Shorty. The light has sooo many Pros, and so few cons.
Crisp Clean Light
Makes your gun that much more "Bad Ass".
Batteries cost a little more than your average Value Meal(worth it)
Adds about 1 lb. to your gun. (Not a CON in my Book)
It hurts when you bash your mouth on it, because you forgot you mounted it on your top rail to add a laser to ur Claw mount....>_<
P.S. I HOPE THIS HELPS! -Bagwsp out.