- Polarstar. Totally worth it.
Hello everyone. I purchased this a while back, and let me tell you how great it is. I play at Tac City South in CA, and t]a cross field shot is nearly impossible for mose AEGs (Excess of 400ft).However, with the right optic, I can give someone a double tap on the face from across the field, diagonally. (approx 700ft) with my Prometheus barrel assemble set (Barrel, bucking, hopup) with only a 363mm inner barrel. Why is that? It's because the Fusion engine doesn't run off of a standard battery. Well, it kind of does. The power itself comes from an air rig, consisting of a tank (usually 3000 or 4500psi) and a regulator (120psi maximum) which has a line that leads to the pistol grip of your gun. People say, "That's dumb" "The tank is going to be a pain" and "This isn't going anywhere with this technology". Well, none of those people are right. In fact, this is GENIUS. The technology is advanced without being complicated. Moving on, the tank isn't a bother at all. I carry mine in a camelbak and it is just like carrying water. The tube to the gun feeds over my shoulder, where it leads straight to my gun. I can still switch sides of my gun from righty to lefty easily, the tube never gets in the way. The only thing I don't recommend is running the tank in a dump pouch. Once I sat down to avoid a swarm of plastic (From another P* user) that had been sent at me. The tank hit the cement floor, disconnecting the line from the tank. When I stood back up to shoot, I aim, and pull the trigger, nothing happens. I need to call myself out to connect the line again. Other than that, I've never had problems with it.
About the technology, it runs off of a very small LiPo battery (250mah) that is about the size of a quarter. That powers a computer that allows you to adjust your personal settings.(Rate of fire, FPS, so on.)Some of the settings, like Poppet dwell, I never adjusted. Just so you all know, the battery NEEDS to have a JST connector or else it won't work with the computer.
Overall, The gun benefits more that is loses. Here's a list of pros and cons for all of you that didn't bother to read the top part.
1. Rate of fire (Anywhere from 8 rounds per second to 78 rounds per second)
2. Accuracy (4" grouping from 200ft with a 6.04 barrel.)
3. Weight (Due to my Combat machine body)
4. Range (700ft effective w/ 363mm tightbore)
6. Creativity (Build it however you want it.)
7. Battery size (Fits in an m4 buffer tube along with the computer.)
8. Convertibility (Swap a Stubby upper for a DMR upper.
9. Ease of use
10. Get the tank filled at any paintball or scuba store
11. NO MORE GEARBOX, NO MORE STRIPPED GEARS, PISTONS, BLOWN TRIGGER CONTACTS, ANY OF THAT AEG MESS.
12. My tank gets filled to 2700psi for $3 and it lasts up to 15,000 shots. Imagine if I filled it to 4500psi?
Price for some (Spent $947 USD on mine and I already had a full set of externals.)
Size for some (That'd be your fault though. Why would you build it too big for yourself?)
NOTHING ELSE. BUY IT.